xsection - error message

edited March 2018 in KLayout Development
Hi,

I've recently started using xsection. I find this tool very useful.
However, sometimes I get the following error message and do not understand why:
Ambiguous overloaded variants - multiple method declarations match arguments in Edges::new.
Does anyone know how I may fix this issue?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,
Sophie

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Sophie,

The message should indicate a line number. Could you paste a piece of code that shows the line where this error happens?

Thanks,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    Actually, I do not have any line reference.
    However, my code works on certain rulers and not on others. I don't know if I am really clear. let me know if you need any more clarification.

Regards,
    Sophie
  • edited November -1

Hi Sophie,

My best guess is that the "on", "through" or "into" parameters for an "etch" or "grow" operation isn't valid in some cases.

But basically the message should be something like "... in line x". Isn't that the case?

You can see the errors in the Macro IDE.

• Open the IDE in Tools/Macro Development IDE
    • Run your XS script
    • When the error happens, you are asked whether you want to continue. Press "Cancel" to stop in the debugger.
    • The Macro IDE will show the stack trace in the "Call stack". One of the lines should be your XS file and there you should see the line number.
    • Close the IDE to stop.

Regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your help.
    I figured out the issue. My problem was indeed on a grow operation. I had define the following expression:
    polyoxidation = grow(0.02, :on => poly)
    And whenever I defined a cross section where there wasn't any poly on which to grow the polyoxidation I had the above discussed error message.
    Thus, I modified my expression by adding substrate as a parameter:
    polyoxidation = grow(0.02, :on => [substrate, poly]).
    And, in this case my script works anywhere on my mask.

Regards,
    Sophie
  • edited November -1

Hi Sophie,

very good ... I wasn't aware this can happen.

Are you using the version from the package manager? I would like to prevent that issue.

Thanks,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,

I don't know.
    I downloaded the xsection on the 25th of January from: https://sourceforge.net/p/xsectionklayout/wiki/MainPage/.
    Hope this answer your question.

Regards,
    Sophie
  • edited November -1

Hi Sophie,

that explains it :-)

I retired the SourceForge version now. It's available as package in KLayout 0.25 and above:

Please manually remove the "xsection.rbm" file you downloaded from SourceForge.

Use "Tools/Manage Packages", double click on "xsection" and hit "Apply". This should install the cross section tool in the latest version. Your issue should be solved with this version.

Kind regards,

Matthias