Adapt the layout between two circles

Hi , happy new year for you and your loved one , hoping a healthy year for all of you .
i'm looking for a solution to design an outer circle creating an area which must not be etched during the process . it's on the same level .
Thanks in advance for the help
the attached power point image represent what i need to do .
Nacer

Comments

• HI Nacer,

Not quite sure about the request, my best guess is you are looking for a method to generate this type of result:

Which is essentially adding a DOUNT shape to desired layer, using boolean function to substrace the DOUNT

To achieve this, you can utilize build-in DOUNUT cell, which can be accessed by
    (1) Tool bar, instance
    (2) Instance side bar, select Basic Library
    (3) Choose DOUNUT cell type
    (4) Switch to 'PCell` tab

(5) Choose layer for your DOUNUT shape
    (6) Adjust inner radius, in this example I use 25um
    (7) Adjust outer radius, in this example I use 30um
    (8) Click on layout view, this add a pre-defined Dounut cell to your layout
    which the location can be adjusted using alignment tool to make is concentric with the shape

Because the dount shape you just inset into the layout is parameter-driven cell (PCell), you can always double click on the cell to adjust the parameters until you satisfied.

The final shape in this example is a hollow dounut, which is achieved by shape boolean substration operation.

However, you'll find the shape in side PCell is not selectable(Dynamic), hence boolean operation is not appliable.

Which is can be solved by a PCell to static Cell conversion:
    Select your Dounut cell --> select Tool bar [Edit] --> [selection] --> [Convert PCell to static Cell]

After this step you may perform boolean substract and achieve the result.

• Many thanks RawrRanger , have a good day